As March Madness reaches the Final Four, millions of Americans will be watching in hopes the bets they made–often illegally–will be favored by the results of the games. A sports communication professor at Marist College gives insight into the rising trend of college students–like one Marist sophomore–who join the betting madness.
“We want Bruce! We want Bruce!” chanted a growing crowd of marchers past the University of Tennessee amphitheater Monday afternoon. After the news had been reported earlier Monday, UT finally made the official announcement that Bruce Pearl has been relieved of his duties as the men’s basketball head coach. UT men’s athletic director Mike Hamilton and Chancellor Jimmy Cheek both released statements.
- The Aggie: Camp Kesem comforts children of cancer patients April 10, 2013
- TheAggie: Sequester cuts to hamper research, student aid April 10, 2013
- TheGoldenGateExpress: Overconsumption of food wastes money, creates more pollution March 11, 2013
- TheWesternCarolinaJournalist:Southern Independent film circuit presented “Eating Alabama” March 11, 2013
- GoldenGateXpress: Photo of the week March 6, 2013
- TheAggie: Undergraduate to launch online shopping platform for Greeks March 4, 2013
- SBU J-Drive: Memories Destroyed by Sandy March 4, 2013
- WesternCarolinaJournalist: Sexual Empowerment Week fills an educational void March 4, 2013