Only 7 percent of the ocean floor has been mapped, encouraging researchers at the Scripps Institution of Oceanography in California to use sonar technology tools to collect data about the deep unknown despite the extremely expensive associated cost.
Tag Archives | science
By mlavone on March 10, 2011 in Uncategorized
Should we reintroduce large animals like elephants and wild horses into the United States? Student science writer Madeline McCurry-Schmidt argues yes–after all, rewilding could save endangered predators.
The Intercollegiate Online News Network (ICONN) is an association of campus news websites, teachers, administrators and professionals who seek to help journalism and journalism education improve in today’s converged environment.
- DatelineAlabama: AJ McCarron ready for the NFL March 13, 2014
- TheRedandBlack: Protecting student records is one of UGA’s top priorities March 13, 2014
- GoldenGateXpress: Local student goes viral on YouTube with new hip-hop music video March 6, 2014
- GoldenGateXpress: Taser debate sparks student protest February 27, 2014
- TheAggie: Community organizations fundraise for Typhoon Haiyan victims February 27, 2014
- AmherstWire: Students trade short-term borrowing for long-term debt November 21, 2013
- TheStatesman: Students could face legal trouble for Facebook posts November 21, 2013
- FIUSM: Hard times, harder requirements: Students plea for financial aid as it becomes more scarce November 21, 2013