Only 7 percent of the ocean floor has been mapped, encouraging researchers at the Scripps Institution of Oceanography in California to use sonar technology tools to collect data about the deep unknown despite the extremely expensive associated cost.
Tag Archives | science
By mlavone on March 10, 2011 in Uncategorized
Should we reintroduce large animals like elephants and wild horses into the United States? Student science writer Madeline McCurry-Schmidt argues yes–after all, rewilding could save endangered predators.
The Intercollegiate Online News Network (ICONN) is an association of campus news websites, teachers, administrators and professionals who seek to help journalism and journalism education improve in today’s converged environment.
- TheAggie: Proposed “happy class” explores personal happiness April 27, 2014
- TheRedandBlack: New app helps hikers identify native plant names April 27, 2014
- TheAggie: Online courses expand opportunities for students April 27, 2014
- TheRedandBlack: Trend of anonymous apps could spark increase in social regression April 27, 2014
- TheRedandBlack: Undocumented students fight for in-state tuition April 27, 2014
- TheStatesman: Medical students go rural April 27, 2014
- DatelineAlabama: AJ McCarron ready for the NFL March 13, 2014
- TheRedandBlack: Protecting student records is one of UGA’s top priorities March 13, 2014